Thursday 31 August 2017

Braemar and beyond

Having a few days free earlier this month, I took myself off to Braemar to climb some Corbetts. After an early start from Ayrshire I reached Spittal of Glenshee in plenty of time to take myself up Ben Gulabin before driving further up the road to reach the summit of Creag nan Gabhar by mid afternoon.
The next day I set off from Linn of Dee to climb Sgor Mor via White Bridge in good weather. Once I'd climbed out of the glen the views opened up all around - north into the Lairig Ghru and towards Glen Luibeg and Ben Macdui Walking east on the broad ridge was a delight though it left a frustrating descent through heather covered slopes back to the start.
Carn na Drochaide from Glen Quoich was the hill of choice before the drive home the following day and, once again, I was rewarded with great views towards Ben Avon and Beinn a' Bhuird and west along the River Dee.

No comments:

Post a Comment